What did Mountain Mike’s Q1 look like? Double-digit sales increases, franchise growth and our most successful LTO in history
If the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, then it certainly makes sense that the way to this franchisor’s balance sheet is through February’s heart-shaped pizzas, the most successful LTO in our history.
That LTO was one part of a stellar Q1 this year, which we’re proud to say included an overall same-store sales increase of 23.4%, the opening of six new franchise locations, an additional 13 new franchise commitments and some pretty validating awards, including our ranking in Entrepreneur magazine’s annual Franchise 500.
Here’s a breakdown of how our first quarter of the year went:
Q1 2021 same-store sales increases over Q1 2020
- January: 26.5%
- February: 13.2%
- March: 32.4%
- Total: 23.4%
February LTO 2021 performance compared to 2020
- Increase in heart-shaped pizzas sold on Valentine’s Day: 55%
- Increase in sales of heart-shaped pizzas on Valentine’s Day: 60%
- Increase in heart-shaped pizzas sold during February: 82%
- Increase in sales of heart-shaped pizzas sold during February: 89%
New stores opened, more coming
- Mountain Mike’s opened six new locations in the first quarter of 2021, including locations in California: Highland, Jurupa Valley, Rancho Santa Margarita, Sunnyvale and Temecula; and Roseburg, Oregon
- We announced 13 new franchise commitments for multi-unit agreements in Idaho, Utah and Colorado
Awards & accolades in 2021
- Ranked in Entrepreneur magazine’s Franchise 500
- Included in Hottest Franchise Opportunities, according to Entrepreneur
- Among Fastest Growing Sales Per Unit (Power Pizza Report 2021)
Why we’re having a great year
Mountain Mike’s has a dedicated leadership team that stays involved and is passionate about our franchise of 230+ units. We put franchisees first so they can put our guests first. Those guests craved their favorite Mountain Mike’s pizza more than ever during lockdown, and our safe and efficient delivery and carryout services were able to meet increased demand. That loyalty and our continued innovation carried forward into the new year.
With over 40 years in business, we’ve proven our staying power in a crowded field. Pizza is a booming $46 billion industry that proved to be more than resilient during the pandemic, and Mountain Mike’s logged double-digit sales increases in 2020 while remaining committed to our quality product.
Yet our startup costs of $225,800-$596,000 are very reasonable compared to others in the industry, and even lower than some who fight in the value wars. Our signature crispy, curly pepperoni goes all the way to the edge and tastes like no other — we have a dedicated vendor for that. Best of all for potential investors, we have a solid fan base in our home state of California and are growing strategically both there and in Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, New Mexico, Nevada, Texas, Utah, Oregon and Washington. We have multi-unit and single-unit opportunities available.
If you’d like to find out more about investing in a franchise with Mountain Mike’s, please get in touch. Fill out the form to download our Free Franchise Report. You can also explore more about the brand and the business model on our website.