Q1 sales are up by double digits, we debuted on the Top 100 Movers & Shakers and 25 new locations are coming this year
We’ve been growing, moving, shaking and hitting it out of the park with LTOs so far in 2021, and we think it’s only fair to tell you what Mountain Mike’s Pizza has been up to.
Our 40+-year-old California-based pizza franchise is primed for further expansion, and we’re looking for experienced multi-unit investors to help us grow as we venture further outside of our home state. We currently have over 240 units and are looking to expand not only in California but also in Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Utah.
Here’s a look at some of our proud moments this year so far:
- Mountain Mike’s Pizza was among the 2021 Fast Casual’s Top 100 Movers & Shakers, debuting at No. 19 in our inaugural year of this prestigious ranking (page 13). We were one of only two pizza chains included in the top 20. The Top 100 Movers & Shakers identifies the industry’s most successful brands, centering on factors beyond profitability and growth such as innovation, leadership and — more than ever this year — resilience.
- Co-CEOs and owners Chris Britt and Ed St. Geme were recognized by Fast Casual among the Top 25 Fast Casual Executives (page 42). To view the full report, you can click here.
- Our pizza franchise has had 75 store agreements signed over the past six months, with at least 25 new Mountain Mike’s Pizza restaurants planned to open in 2021.
- We ranked No. 6 in the pizza category of Entrepreneur’s magazine’s prestigious Franchise 500 ranking and were also named one of the Hottest Franchise Opportunities of 2021.
- The brand came in at No. 21 on the list of Top 50 pizza chains in PMQ’s Pizza Power Report 2021, and we were No. 4 on the list of fastest growing sales per unit.
- Mountain Mike’s Q1 same-store sales are up 23.4% over 2020. This surge in sales in 2021’s first quarter comes on the heels of a very successful 2020 for Mountain Mike’s, when total system sales increased 13.3% and same-store sales increased 8.3% over 2019.
- Our Q2 LTO — Mini Churrs™ — were delicious, bite-sized churros available in May and June (which covered both Cinco de Mayo & National Churro Day on June 6). They were designed to be perfect for sharing and easily feed the whole family. This kind of food innovation is atypical for the pizza category and helped drive traffic as well as ticket average.
Are you a good fit for Mountain Mike’s?
This may be the best time in our history to join Mountain Mike’s Pizza as a franchise owner. To find out more about the Mountain Mike’s franchise opportunity, please fill out the form below to request more information and start a conversation.